Thursday, June 18, 2009

Denim is Done

Everywhere I look I see denim skirts.

Every time I see an apostolic girl wearing some ladies apparel it's always a denim skirt. Why is that? I love wear a billion different types of fashionable, modest skirts. Not to say I don't pull out my bland denim ones every now and again. It's just there are so many more options. Try only wearing denim skirts no more than twice a week. It's not that hard if you have the right arsenal in your closet.

Admittedly it does make it very easy to spot us. I know many people tell me after a week or two of meeting me that "[they] don't think [they've] ever seen [me] in pants before." It doesn't automatically click for about everyone I meet because I change it up and still look nice. I love some nice summer dresses. I can shop like a normal person without having to look to flashy or immodest: If a dress doesn't have straps I wear a jacket over it, If a dress is too short I cut off the top and wear it as a skirt. Don't over accessorize, always be comfortable, and always have fun with what you wear!

2 comments:

  1. Well, some females prefer denim skirts; I am one of them.

    Also, most Apostolic women that I know who reside out of CA has the hardest time finding skirts (including me). So we find denim jeans/pant and make them into skirts. And I feel that some skirts that are to my knees that are not denim is immodest.

    People have their preferences. And one is not better than the other.

    As you stated above; always be comfortable, some women are only comfortable in denim skirts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true. Thank you for sharing your view on that. I guess for a lot of women denim is NOT done, it's just simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete